Foosball.com Forums

Backpin pull on Tornado - HELP!

Backpin pull on Tornado - HELP!
« on: December 14, 2012, 03:08:58 AM »
This is killing me? Why is the short push so much easier than the pull? I want to do this from a stationary position just below the away side of the goal. I have no problem with the push, but the pull stubbs. Has anyone figured this out?

Re: Backpin pull on Tornado - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 02:44:49 PM »
Alright. So I'll just keep talking until someone gives me something. I've noticed that, especially on the pull. I have a tendency to pull, then wind to kick, and end up trying to kick the ball before it has a chance to advance forward enough. I have better success if I try to rotate a]through the entire motion, but there's a "skipping" point in that process that's hard to figure out. Does this make sense to any backpinners out there? I'm "hopping" too much, a two step process, where it needs to be one. A lateral move then a separate kick has me stubbing the toe every time. Maybe I need more downward motion on the lateral move, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 03:01:11 PM »
Mark,

With you making it "2 motions", you may be coming off of the ball too early, and using too much backswing.  When you come off of the ball early, the ball will roll straight across, and you will stub.  Maintain pressure down on the ball just a LITTLE bit longer (light pressure), and that should get the ball moving forward a bit, and the light pressure should help reduce the exaggerated backswing as well.  Takes some practice, but it should help you out.  You will need to vary the pressure down (and how long to apply the pressure) depending on how far you will be moving the ball laterally.  The shorter you want to hit the ball, the more pressure you will need to move the ball forward enough so you do not stub.  Essentially, more pressure for a shorter stroke, less pressure for a longer stroke.

Pat

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »
Pat, so glad you responded. I did exactly what you're saying while practicing all day today, after my post and before yours. I found that holding the ball with very light pressure for the beginning movement and lessening the swing made the difference. The key is to practice enough to master EXACTLY where the ball begins to slip so as not to send the ball the other way. Although I found that I could also work some nifty reverses to a slide using that motion. It is very subtle where the slip occurs and brute force won't fix it. It really is a finesse shot. Now I just need to learn how to get faster lateral speed holding the ball so lightly.