Foosball.com Forums

Tornado T-2000 coin op for sale: opinion

Tornado T-2000 coin op for sale: opinion
« on: February 03, 2014, 02:41:46 PM »
Hi all,

This is my first post. I searched in the Forum for similar topics and I know that the table to get is a coin-op. I'm looking at a Used Tornado T-2000 coin op (blonde) that's been refurbished. "Straight Rods, new competition handles, new balls, extra men, pins, bumpers, and bearings" Asking $795. Sounds high based on the other comments I've seen, but those postings are old...

http://images.craigslist.org/00606_b66YtP7KyNQ_600x450.jpg

Let me know your thoughts? Thank you!

(not looking to play tournaments, just a good solid table for the garage to play with my son)

Pablo

Re: Tornado T-2000 coin op for sale: opinion
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »
Straight Rods, new competition handles, new balls, extra men, pins, bumpers, and bearings" Asking $795. Sounds high based on the other comments I've seen, but those postings are old...

The only actual upgrade are the new handles and that's about $40 (straight rods are expected; extra pins, men, bumpers, etc. are nice to have but not a huge $ item; new balls are nice, but at $3/each not really a bargaining chip.) Looks like a nice table, but $800 is a bit high. That said, a lot depends on your local market, what you are willing to pay, and whether or not you have the luxury of being patient. I have endless patience and a pathological need to get a good deal, so if I were in interested in this table I'd probably offer $500 and settle for $550. Some don't hold the Blonde coin-op in high regard; others like it just fine. I've never played on one so others will have to address the playability issue.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 11:48:23 PM »
We like ours. The surface is slightly cupped, but that could be from years of use by tournament players use before purchased. I also have no experience with other models though either. Girlfriend prefers that, I prefer our Fireball. Both are fun, just different. Good luck if you get it. I like a deal too, but if you have the money and your area is like ny where they don't turn up much, get it and enjoy if it's in good shape. Either way, keep us posted and foos on!

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 11:53:15 PM »
Thank you all for posting replies. I've been watching the local craigslist for the past 3 months and not a lot of coin-ops show up. I emailed the seller stating that the avg price for that table is around $500 but I'd like to hear why he's got it at $800 - if he knows the market and knows about the table he'll explain. If he can deliver it I could pay justify paying a bit more than $500. Let's see. Will keep you posted!

Anyone else play on the T-200 blonde?