Foosball.com Forums

is this a brown marble

is this a brown marble
« on: June 02, 2014, 03:12:02 PM »
Looking to purchase a used table.  Read the "what table should I buy" thread and eliminated all non-Tornado coin op models.  It looks like my best option may be one I found on craigslist for $600 about 1 1/2 hrs away.  Can anyone identify this model?  Also, any comments about whether this is a good value or not would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

Re: is this a brown marble
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 03:18:39 PM »
Yep, brown marble. $600 is a little steep. Prices in this thread are reliable:

http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 04:47:31 PM »
Despite what people will tell you on this site, that bbtuna thread with table pricing is NOT always relevant. Every market is different and some markets drive the price of a good table way past what these old foosers would consider reasonable. If you don't end up buying the table, take note of how long it takes to sell. It's a decent indicator of current demand.

That said, kgstewar is correct. It is a brown marble - the sturdiest Tornado ever built.

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 05:55:13 PM »
In Canada, if a brown marble is in good condition (No warpage in playfield and sidewalls, no knicks or bending in the rods) $600 would be considered a good deal.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 07:13:23 PM »
Denver and Silent Sam have have made good points and prices definitely vary by market. Where are you located?

I live in NC and the asking prices for quality tables are all over the place. I've seen Brown Marbles for $900 and $100, same condition. Advice I got early on was "be patient" and by patient I mean up to a year or more :-). If you have that luxury, in many markets but perhaps not all, amazing deals will appear. I've seen coin-op Bonzinis for $300 and like-new Tornado coin-ops for $350.