Foosball.com Forums

need body position help

need body position help
« on: July 05, 2006, 11:07:50 PM »
I sometimes find that I get my head too close/low to the table when I am really pressing to play hard.  I have noticed that when I do this my play gets worse.  I seem to play better when I stand back and taller. I am not as tense . Any suggestions on head /body position?

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: need body position help
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 12:51:57 PM »
Jay, I can relate with this, I shoot a roller and like Tony Spredeman I put my face down almost on the top of the table. I do this to recognize open and closed holes left by the defense. On the other hand when i am shooting a Pull I stand straight and tall for maximum speed and power. I think it depends on your choice of shot. Which one do you use?

Snake

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 06:33:39 PM »
I shoot snakes and roundabouts. My body position trouble happens when I am playing D, such as with my 5-man vs 5-man.  When I get my head too low I have problems with my reactions.  When I stand back and tall I seem to play better.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 10:01:55 PM »
Personally, I think it has a lot to do with a persons stature and play style... A 5'5" 340 pounder will  stand a little different than a 6'4" 150 pounder. You will have to find what's best for you. I have seen people lean way over the table before and if it works for them to go ahead and lean, more power to them. I on the other hand make it a habit to never let my eyes clear the plane of the ouside wall of my side and I only approach that plane when I am on the 3 rod. I always keep my 5 rod pushed full to the wall when not in direct use, as it can get in the way as I am shifting to the goalie if my opponent should clear his/her zone rapidly. I use rubber grips and they will reach out and grab a cotton shirt and hang on. I also center myself between the 5 and 3 rod, 70% of my weight on the right leg for most of the game unless the ball is caught on their 3 rod. I feel I can push off to the defensive end quicker and I also feel "anchored" for my push.

Also, if you get your head to close a spinner may knock your eye out  ;D

And for some odd reason I think this marquee should move in the other direction.....   :o