Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Table ID

Tornado Table ID
« on: November 06, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »
Need help IDing this table:

http://ghostloads.com/

I've got 14 pics up, including the serial number plate.

I waiting about 6 months for a good deal on a table via Craigslist, that was clean and solid.
I finally settled on this one, but it seems to have to wacky stuff going on, like the all black men with red/blue pads.

Any help would be appreciated.

A general value would be nice info also, even though it's not that important, since I'll be keeping the table for personal use.

Thank you!

Re: Tornado Table ID
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:11:34 PM »
It is a shame but it looks like someone drilled out the roll pin holes so they could put those men on. I think new rods and men would be close to $400.

Re: Tornado Table ID
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 11:45:43 PM »
Looks like a nice brown marble, TP.  Hope you didn't pay too too much, but it's likely a pretty good table if the playfield is flat.  http://www.southernfoosball.com/images/TP2000-1.jpg

I'd guess the holes were not drilled out... usually the nut / bolt fasteners chosen have a similar tolerance to the roll pins on tornado hollow type rods...  I bet the guy got a deal on knock off tornado figures... and the bolt was necessary to attach them.   

Regardless, as bolt115 has suggested there could be a problem from tolerance "slop" or unusual wear.  If your interested in upgrading, I'd recommend buying a sample of the current tornado figure and roll pins to see if you can mount them solidly. 

I wouldn't be too concerned about buying a new set of figures, you will get the modern foot style and the resin will be more elastic/robust.  Conversely, you could likely find used "old" tornado figures for really cheap on ebay... myself, I have a dozen or so in a box from my recent upgrade...  I suppose I keep them in case I come across someone or a table in need. 

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:58:58 PM by johnwallan »