Foosball.com Forums

Tornado model and year

Tornado model and year
« on: November 27, 2006, 08:00:13 PM »
Is there anyway to find out the year and model Tornado by the serial #? All it says on the table is Tornado Table soccer. It is coin operated but not sure of any other info. I have it for sale on eBay right now for local pick up in Tampa, FL and people are asking these questions. If someone could look at it and let me know, that would be very helpful! Item number: 220052883086 it ends Nov 30th.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 09:16:24 PM by wendinjay »

Re: Tornado model and year
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 08:34:51 AM »
Just by looking at it, it's a Tournament 2000.  The coinops were all T2000's if I am not mistaken.  As for the year... I'm not sure how to tell.

Offline marty

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 03:46:30 PM »
do's that mean thay were made in the year 2000 on up to now. me being new to tornado fooseball i'm wondering  because it looks like the very same
table at a local bar in town. great table it plays as good as my new t 2000
coin opp i bought earlyer this year only differance is it has cups where you
serve the ball

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 04:35:45 PM »
I honestly don't know for sure, but I kinda doubt it.  I think the whole "2000" nomer is just a naming convention, sorta like KITT from Knight Rider (Knight Industries Two Thousand). 

Wow that was really nerdy of me. 

Anyway, I don't believe the Tournament 2000's were actually MADE in 2000, because then there would be Tournament 2001s, 2002s, and so on.  I think it's just a model name.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 09:54:19 PM »
I found someone that could look up the serial number. My table is just a Tornado. They did not have models for the coin ops. The serial # is not even on record anymore. Was made over 10 years ago. It is an excellent table, made very solid. This table was used for a while in a local tournament before we bought it 10 years ago. Thank you for all your help! :-)

Offline marty

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 02:50:15 PM »
well that tells me some thing what color are the balls the table that i think look's the same has red balls. and do's it have side ramps running down the side's to keep the ball in play it seem's to me i read somewhere that the
earlyer tables did not so you could shot bank shots better just trying to learn the history of the table as i have just started playing after 20 years