Foosball.com Forums

Good Foosball table for $500 or less

Good Foosball table for $500 or less
« on: December 11, 2006, 01:51:15 PM »
I'm looking to get a foosball table for my kids for Christmas, but I don't want to spend $1000.  I was looking at the Carrom Burr Oak and the Fat Cat Tidal Wave.  Has anybody played on either of these tables?  Are there any other tables I should be looking at for under $500?  Thank you for your suggestions.

Aman1234

Offline Yags

Re: Good Foosball table for $500 or less
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 10:34:53 AM »
This was posted on the http://www.wisconsinfoosball.com  website. This gentleman is stating that he has a lot of tables for sale. However he is located in South Dakota. If your in the general, you may want to check it out. BTW, I have no idea who this guy his. So I have no idea if he is Legite.

Good luck and Happy Foosing Holidays!!!!

~~Yags~~

"Hello! I have several Foosball Tables for sale. They are all coin-ops, several are of the older style with the brown marble sides. There are also several with the wood sides (blondes). I also have some of the newer style (grays). They are all in great condition and acceptable for any location or home setting."
Prices:
browns $499
Blondes $699
Grays $899-1250

Tables are local pick-up ( Huron, SD)
Special arrangements can be made
Tables may also be picked up (prearranged) at any Foosin' Fever event.

Offline Carp

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 07:39:15 AM »
I wonder why such a price dif in browns, blondes and grays?  Newer tables?  Does it really matter as long as the playing surface and the table itself is in good shape? Rods, bushings and men are replaceable so could someone explain why the huge difference in price?

Offline marty

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 01:09:45 PM »
 if we are talking tornado 2000 coin opp i think its color buy age gray marble
being the newest, i have a new gray marble table and have been playing
at a local bar on a brown marble same table just the balls are a slick red
not a ruffed up pink ball like the new tables. one off these days i'm going to
take the bearing out and clean them for them . love my gray marble but
the best buy for the money would be the brown for $ 499 if in good shape
and you lived 1 days drive away

Offline marty

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 08:16:02 PM »
heres some info i found on age Tornado - High quality professional table, notable for having 3 men on the goalie rods instead of corner-ramps - not seen that often, maybe 1-2 a month on ebay, check condition of playfield, no dead spots or warping. Bearings, rods, rubbers and broken players are replaceable, a knackered playfield is not. Guide price £250-£600 depending on age and condition. Older tables (pre-98) have brown marble finish, good quality control. Teak-effect veneer (98-02) can suffer chipping to the goalmouth, walnut veneer (2002-3) and grey marble (03-present) cabinets are the newest. Check the balls supplied with the table are genuine - Tornado balls should be pink, with a rough, almost fluffy surface when new, very hard and pefectly round (approx 27g)

Alternative high-quality US-made tables include Legend and Shelti,